We Can Repair Your Damanged Rims
Keeping your vehicle in good condition is of the utmost importance if you rely on it throughout your day. Regular maintenance is key to keeping your car functioning at peak performance, but what do you do when your car receives unavoidable damage?
The car wheels are the main aspect of a vehicle that moves your vehicle forward, so damage to a wheel rim can cause a big headache. Repairs of any kind can be a stressful experience to those unfamiliar with the process, that’s why we want you to know exactly what to expect!
Repairing a Rim
The rim repair process will vary based on the type and severity of your damage, and these are some basic steps you should expect when you come to D&D Appearance for a rim repair service.
- The wheel is hooked up to a machine that’s similar to one that would be used to bolt a wheel to your car.
- Our technician will use the machine to assess the specifics of your damage and use that knowledge to provide you with an accurate estimate of the costs for the repair.
- After approval to start the rim repair process, the rim of the wheel is heated to add some flexibility.
- A combination of a hydraulic press and shaping tools are used to adjust your rim back into the proper condition.
- After the rim is reshaped, the tire will be mounted on the car and checked for any leaks. During this process, the technician will also make sure your tires are balanced correctly to ensure your vehicle doesn’t run into any issues on the road.
While the exact order and process of these steps will vary from model to model, this service normally includes rims bent or cracked by potholes, rims with curb damage like rashes and scratches and also rims with corrosion and clear coat peeling. Let D&D Appearance help you fix any rim damage!